The ESEFA project objective to partner with at least one large university in each of 10 sub-Saharan countries, in addition to the University of Cape Town which is the ESEFA Centre in the region, was accomplished in March 2015 when Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia joined the ESEFA programme as the 10th ESEFA partner. The universities below signed ESEFA partnership contracts for the 3 year pilot project duration whereby funding was provided to implement the ESEFA curriculum and access to the ESEFA curriculum and SAP ERP system was sponsored.
- University of Pretoria in South Africa
- Strathmore University in Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan in Nigeria
- University of Dar-es-Salaam in Tanzania
- University of Zambia in Lusaka, Zambia
- African University College of Communications in Accra, Ghana
- University of Mauritius in Réduit, Mauritius
- Namibia University of Science and Technology in Windhoek, Namibia
- University of Botswana in Gaborone, Botswana
- Addis Ababa University in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Towards the middle to end of 2015, non-funded programme membership was opened up to other universities in Sub-Saharan Africa.